- February 11, 2019
I. Call to order: 6:38pm at Davie's Best Pizza
II. Roll Call: John Ladue, Jacqueline Ladue, Ruth Bronisas, Fred Segal, Linda Greck, Michael H. Bartlett
III. Adopt Today's Agenda:
IV. Approval of minutes from 12/3/18 meeting:
V. Treasurer's Report: Bank balance: $17,399.68; $200 yet to be deposited. Treasurer received checks from Linda Greck and Joyce M. Steward for deposit.Expenditures reported: Land Trust Alliance membership renewal and Annual Meeting (Dec. 3) food expense. Expenditure forecast: Uniform Business Report will be filed by Mr. Segal. Mr. Bartlett reported that a donation response letter had been mailed to Ms. Steward. Move to approve Treasurer's Report by Mr. Bartlett, seconded by Ms. Greck, unanimous voice vote.
VI. Secretary's Report:
VII. Old Business:
- ---Mr. Ladue volunteered to bring available brochures
- ---Ms. Greck suggested plants as branded items for distribution to interested parties, and mentioned that frisbees were popular, people took plants but didn't give anything back.
- ---Will be sharing space inside the Farm Bureau tent
- ---Coverage: Mr. Ladue will be there early, Mr. Segal all day, Ms. Greck will be there Saturday afternoon from 2:00pm, Ms. Bronisas will be there Sunday from 10:00am until 3:00pm, and Mr. Ladue will arrive later Sunday afternoon and pick up any remaining material
- ---Discussion of possible activities/membership incentives/attractions: Mr. Segal suggested a raffle, Ms. Greck suggested a bird feeder as prize, Mr. Segal suggested a Farm Bureau gift basket, Mr. Segal stated that a ticket should be handed out for any donation with no monetary value assigned to the ticket; Mr. and Ms. Ladue believed they had raffle tickets to donate.
- ---Mr. Ladue reported he sent in paperwork requesting a space adjacent to the Farm Bureau.
- ---Mr. and Ms. Ladue volunteered to be there all day.
- ---Mr. Ladue and Ms. Greck planned to communicate on the success of the raffle at the Orange Blossom Festival to possibly do something similar at Water Matters.
- ---Ms. Greck looking at other items.
VIII. New Business:
- ---Membership list- Ms. Bronisas is looking and volunteered to contact Peter Nolan to see if anything Marcy Nolan had is still available. Mr. Ladue stated that he might have a briefcase containing more records.
- ---Membership renewals- tied in with getting the membership list records organized. Mr. Segal suggested getting the easement publishing complete as an outreach and renewal aid.
- ---Farm Park easement- no update. Mr. Segal said the property has closed and Rick Case is donating the property back to the Town, and suggested that the Land Trust follow up to determine who is going to maintain the property if it does go back to the Town.
- ---Question about the Land Trust PayPal account- Mr. Bartlett to check and report.
- ---Question about location of documents containing 501(c)(3) paperwork, articles of incorporation, and bylaws. Once located they should be online.
- ---Suggestion for next meeting: objectives and goals.
X. Time and Place of Next Meeting: