- August 24, 2004
The meeting was held at Town of Davie Town Hall, Community Room and those in attendance included: Karen Stenzel-Norwicki, Linda Greck, Nick Maniatis, Michelle Bryson, Mike Orfanedes, Marcie Nolan, Judy Paul, Two Step, Elaine Gennaro and David Notman.
Last meeting notes reviewed
Webmaster - Mike was appointed at August 17th meeting.
- 1. Names of native trees suggested instead of "gold, silver, etc."
- 2. Levels: Use of individual membership levels and corporation levels.
Membership based on Coral Springs Community Chest - By-laws discussed at August 17, 2004 meeting.
Use of schools for student/group fundraising and educational projects.
Levels of Membership suggested:
- Stream, Lake, Marsh, Flatwood, Hammock, Ridge Summit (lowest to highest level)
- Oak, Mahogany, Sabal, Buttonwood, Pond Apple, (the above names will be considered for a final vote.)
Students could do car washes, volunteer service hours.
Logo to be considered can come from local schools contest.
Use of Individual and Corporate Memberships for each group of level names was discussed.
Money Levels of Membership
- 1 - 50
- 51 - 100
- 101 - 250
- 251 - 500
- 501 - 1000
- 1001 - over
Discussion of: Use of "charter level" such as "Charter Oak, Charter Mahogany for membership through first year.
Discussion of: Automatic Membership for steering committee members as recognition for time in lieu of money contribution.
Discussion of: Having Information Table at Labor Day Splash.
- : Have a flyer printed to pass out
- : Schedule time frame to man table
- : Get word out for October 4, 2004 evening meeting.
- (Robbins Lodge is confirmed for October 4, 2004 meeting.)
Sun-Sentinel "What's Happening" should include:
- : Davie Area Land Trust Meetings on Tuesday lunch and once a month Monday evening.
- : (Can include 10/4/04 evening meeting on flyer)
- : Use of television (CH 14/Calendar and PB for Land Trust Meeting Schedule)
Discussion of October 4, 2004 Evening Meeting
- Compiling Agenda for 10/4/04
- Guest Speaker: Suggestion of Peg McPherson, Pam King, Kristin Jacobs
- Use of money jars for refreshments donation
- Bumper stickers
- Membership forms, handouts
For October 4th:
- Use of "Davielandtrust.com" on Bumper Sticker
- I support Davie Area Land Trust
- Ask Bonnie, Special Projects re: Bumper Sticker Production
- Have Opening Presentation by a steering committee member
- Then guest speaker
- Use video which was presented at 1st meeting, also power point presentation.
- Length of meeting - 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours
Tuesday, September 7, 2004
For September 6, 2004
Flyer: Use mission statement
Website, meeting dates, times
Man Table - September 6, 2004 Labor Day Splash
Karen, Nick - AM, Michelle - PM (1-4)
Linda: flyer, sign for table
"Got Land?" - T-shirt idea
Need to pick-up flyers by Friday September 3rd.