- September 21, 2004
The meeting was held at Town of Davie Town Hall, Pioneer Room and those in attendance included: Nicholas Maniatis, Julie Aitken, Michelle Bryson, Joyce Steward, Fred Segal, Karen Stenzel-Norwicki, Marcie Nolan, Michael Bartlett, Linda Greck and Mike Orfanedes.
Minutes reviewed and approved for September 14, 2004.
FIU Workshop Discussion: September 22, 2004 - leave at 12:30 PM from Town Hall - Carpool - Fred and Karen
October 4, 2004 Monday evening meeting:
- Speakers: Peg McPherson, Amy Condon, Mildred Majoria
- Public info sheet good, but use bullet style for info rather than paragraph form.
Agenda format - October 4, 2004 meeting
- 7:00 - 7:15 PM - Welcome and Intro of each Land Trust participant/Interim Board/Purpose of meeting - handout with Mission Statement and how we do it.
- 7:25 PM - Video presentation
- 7:40 PM - Speakers
- Recruitment - Volunteers/Willing Property Owners
- Flyer - Needs Headline which is attention grabbing - "Preserve Davie Area Green Space and Agricultural Lands".
- Handout with bullet
- Progress Report - Update by Organization
- Commitment by group
- 7:55 PM - Video presentation (transfer to DVD by Mike)
- Amy Condon/Mildred Majora (TPL - Success is S. Florida)
- 8:10 PM - Question and Answer
- 8:30 PM - Recruitment/Follow-up -
- Promo: Help Preserve Davie's Rural Character
- Recruitment: Volunteers, willing property owners, attendance form, membership form, solititation form - follow-up contact
- Bev's/Snacks - Homemade baked goods, fruit/cheese, Water, Coffee, Tea
On Public Info form at meeting include a space for suggestion, possible land parcels.
Also, use website for this type info to be forwarded to Land Trust via website.
October 4th Promo -
- Press Release: Sun-Sentinel, Herald: "What's Coming Up". Must meet deadline NOW
- Website: link from Town's website
- Flyer : Post at Banford, business
- Use colored paper, incorporate flyer for Labor Splash and Public info meeting, change heading.
- Outreach to Organizations: Trail Riders, Marcia Larkin, Agrarian Committee, Environmental Group - Audubon, Sierra Club, Equestrian BMP list, Comcast, Old Davie School, Ad in paper, OSAC, E-mail to Town.
- 1. Decide who will make snacks at next meeting
- 2. Decide who will pick-up flyers
- 3. Board of Directors Selection Process
- -extend time for accepting resumes
- -Start by-laws for board select process which is part of 501C3.
- 4. 501C3 Status- May have attorneys and accountants to offer services pro-bono or for small fee.
- 5. Other - Consideration of helping Old Davie School parcel.
- 6. Meet with Constance - Old Davie School: Mike and Fred
Consideration of helping farmers and other cons.
Adjourn at 1:15 PM
- September 28, 2004
The meeting was held at Town of Davie Town Hall, Pioneer Room and those in attendance included: Joyce Steward, Karen Stenzel-Norwicki, Judy Paul, Two Step, Fred Segal, Michael Bartlett, Marcie Nolan, Mike Orfanedes, Nick Maniatis, Linda Greck, Elaine Gennaro and David Notman.
Conservation Easement Workshop: 9/22/04
- Urban Growth Boundary Line
Cypress Gardens - Discussion of:
PowerPoint handout from Conservation Easement Workshop
10/4 Meeting Promo:
- -Flyers (everyone)
- -Sentinel will give attention to placement of meeting info of October 4, 2004 (L. Greck)
- -Miami Herald (L. Greck?)
- -Landscape Inspectors’ Assn. of FL (Mike O.)
- -FNGLA (F. Segal)
- -Trail Riders (L. Greck)
- -Environmental Groups - Phil Busey(?)
- -Tee Shirt Sales (at rear): Michelle B and ?
- - Free Packets of Veg. and Flower Seed compliments of Broward Co. Farm Bureau: Fred S
- - Name tags for Interim Board (offered as donation by Vice Mayor Paul)
10/4 Meeting Duties & Responsibilities:
- -Greeters: TBD
- -Master of Ceremony – Nick M. (welcome, introductions incl. Interim Bd., staff, Councilmembers, etc.)
- -Facilitator – Mike O. (lights, make sure program stays on track, logistics, etc.)
- -Presenters: Amy Condon & Mildred Majoros, TPL (local success stories) and Peg McPherson, SFWMD & local historian (what’s possible for Davie); need speaker biographies;
- Video – Mike B. (7 – 10 minutes out of entire 20 minute video)
- Questions and Answers – Have panel (speakers plus Nick M, Julie A. and Karen S. with Mike O. as recorder;
10/4 Meeting Recruitment:
- -“Nab Em” Questionnaire/Contact Card: Judy P., Joyce S. and Joe; Joyce;
- Joyce S. on card be sure to:
- 1. add: “I am interested in receiving more information……”;
- 2. change bullets to check line;
- 3. add: “Interested in becoming a charter member?”
- 4. add: “would like to pledge $______________”
- 5. Be sure to stress donation pledges will be forthcoming upon solicitation when tax deductible 501C3 status granted.
10/4 Meeting – Refreshments:
- - Nick M.: Cookies, Sweet ‘N Low, Coffee Urn
- - Joyce S.: Brownies
- - Linda G.: Coffee
- - Judy P.: Case of Water
- - Karen S.: Cups and Drinks
- - Julie A: Fruit or Cheese?
- - Mike: Cooler, Ice and Napkins
10/4 Meeting - Handouts:
- -Agenda - Mike will do for October 4th
- - Copies of Trust for Public Lands Conservation Easement Powerpoint handout
- -Bank Account – Need to get this set up ASAP.
- -Sunny Lake - Can Davie Land Trust take donations earmarked for Sunny Lake? e.g. Ocala Horse Park - donations were taken, but earmarked funds have to be carefully marked in the event project items are deleted where money accepted.)