- September 12, 2005
Meeting Called to Order 7:18 p.m. at Robbins Lodge.
Introductions – New attendees and members
Minutes Approved - August 9, 2005 and August 23, 2005. Motion by Fred Segal, second by Dr. Sam Scott.
Treasurer’s Report – Balance remains as stated previously. Fred Segal reported there had been no response to the DALT letter to Rob Lyons regarding his fee.
Old Business –
- 1. Bond Referendum Update. Davie Residents for Open Space mail pieces were presented to the attendees. A reminder that donations are desperately needed to promote this election and the Yes vote. An opposition group is being seen and heard and responses are needed in various forms. Chairman Greck advised that a drop-off box has been placed at Davie Town Hall in the reception area for the convenience of residents.
- 2. Membership Challenge – Judy Paul won the gift basket from the Farm Bureau. She graciously donated it for the purpose of auction at the DALT event at the Orange Blossom Festival. Fred Segal is researching a vendor to be able to use credit cards on DALT website.
- 3. Farm Park Update – Fred Segal, Judy Paul, Dr. Scott and Town officials will attend a hearing for grant money in Tallahassee to push for funding.
- 4. Labor Day Splash – DALT had a presence at this event. It was a rainy day so the traffic was slow. The bond referendum was also promoted.
- 5. Letterheads – due to arrive at Office Depot Friday, Sept. 16.
- 1. Discussion was held about the possibility of a presence at the Halloween Happenings October 29 at Pine Island Park. A decision will be made soon. November Bike Rally – Bonnie Stafjei at the Town will be asked to place DALT brochures in the handout packet for the participants.
- 2. Chair Greck reminded the attendees that the annual meeting and election of officers will be November 7. Nominations will be taken prior to that meeting.
- 3. Fred Segal advised of possible fund raising from a vendor for credit cards. He also will have information in the future regarding merchant rebates on credit card use.
Projects Committee – Chair absent.
Membership committee – Chair Scott emphasized the need for DALT to extend the ‘road map plan’ prepared previously and establish structure to follow it. Connectivity should be established between the level of plans. Discussion followed.
Meeting adjourned - 8:40 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by Joyce Steward, Secretary
Those in attendance: Judy Paul, Dr. Scott, Fred Segal, Mr. Tkacz, Linda Greck, Joyce Steward, John Ladue, Kathy Tibbetts, Lois Meyer